Clean the beans well, wash them, boil them and let them drain.
Separately in a frying pan heat for 1-2 minutes the chopped onion. Add the sliced tomatoes and let them brown a little, add a little water to soften the onions and tomatoes, then turn off the heat.
In a bowl beat the egg whites and add the beaten egg yolks, and in another bowl mix the flour well with the milk and cheese.
Over the composition of flour, milk and cheese we put the beaten egg whites and mixed with the yolks.
Add onions and hardened tomatoes, finally boiled and chopped beans not too small.
Grease the pan with butter and cover with a little flour and bake for about 30-40 minutes.
Green bean paste
The nutritional data provided in some recipes are estimated, and their role is only informative. Values cannot be guaranteed and should not be used in the treatment of medical conditions.
The equipment and ingredient sections above may contain affiliate links to the products I use and recommend.
Have you tried the recipe? Tag @iuliana_bucate_aromate or hashtag #bucatearomate on Instagram so I can find you!
Did you like the recipe? Pass it on!
Green beans with garlic
From the point of view of the offer in the market, now is my favorite period. Peas and green beans are the vegetables I look forward to every year and here they are. Beans cooked like this are normally a side dish, but I confess that I usually don't feel the need for a steak and I eat it so simple.
Regarding the boiling of green beans, it is important that it is boiled enough, until it begins to have a pleasant taste of beans, meaning that it is no longer grassy. From here it's a matter of taste, some like it to remain slightly crunchy (this way it keeps its shape and color), others to be a little more boiled and soften completely (this way it changes its color slightly, it becomes khaki). Boil it as you like.
If you are also interested in the recipe yellow peas with garlic, find the recipe here.
Sote green bean ingredient
- 250 grams of green beans with tender pods (without threads) and without stains, preferably fresh, but can also be frozen
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 15 grams of butter
Preparation of green sauteed beans & # 8211 garlic pods in the pan
Maybe the weight used seems a bit small. As I said before, I use this sauteed green beans as the second or third garnish on the plate. That makes it more than enough for 4 servings. If you want to serve it as a single garnish, increase the weight.
Cooking & # 8211 phase I
1. Put a pot with 2 liters of water on the fire. Next, prepare a large bowl of very cold water, preferably with ice cubes. The green beans are washed well under a stream of cold water and washed with absorbent kitchen towels. The ends with the tail are cut, the others, if you want, you can keep them, because they are tender and even beautiful, in my opinion.
2. When the water boils, add 1 tablespoon of salt and all the beans already prepared. Boil the green beans for 4 minutes, then test with the tip of a knife. If it penetrates relatively easily, it is already ready. Some bean varieties require longer cooking and frozen green beans need to be cooked for 6 minutes. Test the beans, to be penetrated according to your taste, but be careful not to overcook it for a long time, because it will continue to be cooked in the pan.
3. Remove the green beans from the pot with a whisk and immediately immerse in ice-cold water to stop cooking immediately. Thus, the vibrant color of the green bean will be kept unaltered and the subsequent cooking will not make it porridge. By the way, this process of passing vegetables through thermal shock is called bleaching and I talked about it before. here, here But and here.
In this phase, after draining the beans from the cold water and wrapping them in wet kitchen towels, we can stop. We can continue with the preparation of our garnish of sauteed green beans just before serving the dish. The green beans thus prepared can wait for us well, thank you from 1-2 hours in the kitchen until even overnight, in the refrigerator. Keep in mind, however, that if it is in the refrigerator, take it out faster, to have time to return to ambient temperature.
Cooking & # 8211 phase II
We now reach the stage where the steaks are ready and rest, before serving and the other garnishes are nicely warm. It's time to move on.
1. Heat a frying pan large enough to fit all the green beans. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Because we are Romanian and we like garlic, we also put 2 cloves of garlic cut in half and lightly crushed with the knife blade. The idea is that it is possible without garlic. If we put it, however, we let it sizzle in the pan for a while. It must be heated to smoke easily. Before browning the garlic, add the green beans, all at once.
2. We start to shake the pan, holding it by the tail, making the green beans sauté easily. Through this movement, all the pods will come into contact with the very hot surface of the pan. At 5-6 saucepan movements, leave the pan on low heat, shaking the tail, so that it does not cool too much. We continue for 1-2 minutes, as seen in the animated image below and I hope you have a good enough connection to see the green beans jumping.
3. When the green beans have warmed up well, after about 2 minutes, turn off the heat and pull the pan aside. Immediately remove the garlic cloves. Add salt and pepper to taste, at the same time as the butter. Stir gently, lightly, or rather sauté a few more times, so that the green beans are sautéed to mix well with the spices and dressed in butter, which will give it a shiny and pleasant taste.
And ready, we assemble the garnish of sauteed green beans next to our dish and serve it immediately! May it be useful to you!
Bean pod soup with cream, garlic and smoked & # 8211 Transylvanian recipe
Bean pods with cream, garlic and smoked & # 8211 Transylvanian recipe. A green, yellow, broad, fidelity or shea bean soup or soup drizzled with cream. Walnut stew with kaiser and vegetables. Soup recipes. Soup recipes. Recipes with green bean pods.
In summer, I often make this bean pod with cream because it cooks quickly and easily. I use seasonal vegetables and greens: green onions, garlic, carrots, tomatoes and fresh pod beans. It can be green or yellow beans, wide or cylindrical (fidelity).
In this Ardennes recipe for green bean soup (we don't really call it "soup") musai is put some smoked flour: kaiser, ham, ciolan, ribs or even slices of smoked sausages. Not much, just enough to taste good! In Arad it is called "green horsetail".
In the same style I made pumpkin soup with smoked potatoes and potatoes, very popular with those who tested it! The recipe here.
In summer I use fresh pod beans but in winter I use frozen or canned beans. Find the recipes here and here.
From the quantities below it results approx. 8-10 servings of bean soup pods with sour cream, garlic and smoked.
Green beans in the pan: simple, fasting recipe
If you are looking for a quick fasting dish, we offer you the simplest, but tasty recipe for green beans in the pan.
With few and very affordable ingredients, you can prepare for lunch or dinner, a tasty and easy preparation. You can choose to use green, fresh, or frozen green beans. The food will be just as tasty, but also nutritious, due to the multiple properties of bean pods.
Nutritionists assure us that green bean pods, eaten regularly can have various benefits on the body. These include lowering cholesterol levels, regulating blood sugar levels, combating cardiovascular disease and, very importantly, reducing the risk of obesity.
Green bean pods are high in vitamins and proteins. They also contain a lot of fiber and do not contain a lot of fat. But in order to benefit from these properties, great attention must be paid to the preparation time. Green beans should not be subjected to heat treatment for a long time, but should be prepared al dente.
Follow below the list of ingredients and steps needed to prepare this fasting dish.
Eating green beans with meat
I would never refuse any dish made with green beans. Grandma had several varieties in the garden that were made in different seasons, so in a week there was no shortage of green beans on the table. Now if I had to choose between legume soup and low beans I think I would have a big dilemma, I like both of them just as much.
My mother didn't have many recipes with green beans, I remember she also made salad with mayonnaise, but quite rarely, but I tried different options to cook it. Green beans are an affordable vegetable, so to speak, they grow very easily and are not pretentious at all. You all remember the video of Jack and the bean stalk, that's how my grandmother had some tall hairs on which the beans seemed to rise to the sky. Below and at the base were fat and fleshy pods and towards the top smaller and green ones waiting to cook. Now in the city I can't grow beans, but I frequent the market with great pleasure and I have a lot to choose from.
The recipe for eating green beans with meat is a very practical one in the idea that it can be made with any type of meat, preferably a weaker one such as chicken or turkey, but it also goes with pork. I made it with chicken because I'm always in a time crunch, and chicken is made pretty quickly.
Eating green beans with meat
- 1 kg green beans
- 800g chicken breast (you can use a smaller chicken cut into pieces)
- 2 small onions
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- oil, salt, freshly ground pepper
- green parsley
We cut the heads of the bean pods (when I was little I loved to do this thing) then we put the pods in a bigger bowl and wash them well in more water.
We boil them in cold salted water.
We wash the meat well and cut it into pieces that we season with salt. Heat a little oil in a larger saucepan and fry the meat, turning it lightly on all sides so that it browns nicely.
When the beans are half cooked, strain them.
Peel the onion and garlic and finely chop them and then fry them in a little oil until soft. Add the drained beans and stir.
We wash the tomatoes and cut them into slices. If you do not have fresh tomatoes you can use tomato paste about 3-4 tablespoons and 200ml of water. I hope you put fresh tomatoes, the food will taste different, much better :)
Add to the beans the browned meat, the tomato slices, the thyme, add a little more salt, pepper and put the whole mixture in the oven at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes until the food decreases. You can also add a little water.
When the bean dish has dropped enough and is starting to brown, take it out and serve it with plenty of chopped green parsley. It can also be served with polenta instead of bread.
This is my autumn recipe from the Selgros project looking for passion, I hope you like it and try it soon :)
For daily recipe recommendations, you can also find me on the Facebook page, on Youtube, on Pinterest and on Instagram. I invite you to like, subscribe and follow. Also, the group Let's cook with Amalia is waiting for you for exchanges of recipes and experiences in the kitchen.