Ingredients for making cabbage and cucumber salad
- White cabbage (young or old) 400 grams
- Fresh cucumber 200 grams
- Parsley to taste
- Green onions to taste
- 9% table vinegar to taste
- Vegetable oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Onion, Cucumber, Sugar
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale, Cutting board, Kitchen knife, Deep bowl, Tablespoon, Salad bowl
Cooking cabbage and cucumber salad:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
We take a head of cabbage about 2 kilograms and cut off 1/4 of it. For each cucumber, remove the tips on both sides. We wash vegetables with herbs under cold running water. Then we dry them with paper kitchen towels, and shake off excess liquid from dill and onions. Then, in turn, put these products on a cutting board and grind.
Chop the cabbage into thin strips.
Transfer to a deep bowl.
Slightly wrinkle with clean hands so that the vegetable starts up the juice, and leave it in this form on 3-4 minutes.
If desired, remove the peel from the cucumbers and then cut them into rings, half rings, straws, cubes, as you like. It is desirable that the thickness of the pieces ranged from 2 to 4 millimeters.
Finely chop the onion with parsley. Next, put on the kitchen table the remaining ingredients that will be needed to prepare the salad, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare a salad of cabbage and cucumbers.
Add chopped cucumbers, herbs, vinegar, sugar and vegetable oil to the bowl with the cabbage that has started the juice.
Using a tablespoon, mix all the components of the dish to a homogeneous consistency, transfer the resulting mixture to a salad bowl and serve to the table.
Step 3: serve cabbage and cucumber salad.
Cabbage and cucumber salad is served at room temperature immediately after cooking. It is served at the table with dishes of meat, fish, poultry or game, as well as a side dish for cereals from various cereals, rice and pasta. In winter, such a salad is an invaluable vitamin treasure. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- for salad dressing it is better to use fried homemade butter with a pleasant aroma of sunflowers;
- sometimes chopped garlic, finely chopped tomatoes, radish or bell pepper are added to such a salad;
- very often a mixture of vegetable oil and mustard, sour cream, cream or mayonnaise is used for dressing;
- parsley can be replaced with dill or vice versa, add a little cilantro, and instead of green onions put ordinary onions.