Ingredients for Making Shtreisel
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Egg yolk 1 piece
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Sifted wheat flour 1 tsp
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Butter, Sugar
- Serving 1 serving
- World cuisineGerman cuisine
Tablespoon, Bowl, Table Fork
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
To get started, we take out the right amount of butter with a chicken egg from the refrigerator and give them the opportunity to warm to room temperature. We also put on the kitchen table the remaining products that will be needed to prepare the shtrezel.
Step 2: prepare the shtreisel.
When the oil softens, transfer it to a small bowl. Add egg yolk there, add granulated sugar and sifted wheat flour. Grind these products with a table fork, and then with your fingers, until crumbs are formed - the shtreisel is ready! Then we act at will, either immediately sprinkle flour products on them before baking, or sift them through a sieve with a fine mesh and then use them for their intended purpose.
Step 3: serve the shtreisel.
After preparation, Streisel is sieved or used immediately. Before baking, they are sprinkled with pies, cakes, muffins, rolls, muffins, as well as other desserts.
This seemingly ordinary mixture will make flour products more rosy and aromatic. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- very often, after preparation, cinnamon, ground hazelnuts, vanilla, citrus zest or cocoa powder are added to the shtreisel;
- sometimes butter is replaced with premium margarine;
- if crumbs do not form during grinding products, then it is worth adding a little more flour to the mixture, and if it turns out to be very fine - a little more oil;
- white sugar can be replaced with brown.