Ingredients for Making Kiwi Sandwiches
- Kiwi (large size) 1 piece
- Half baguette
- Garlic 2-6 prongs
- Ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Mayonnaise 2 teaspoons
- Cream cheese (milk) 1 piece
- Main ingredients: Garlic, Kiwi, Cheese, Bread
- Serving 8 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife, Serrated knife (for slicing bread), Cutting board - 2 pieces, Bowl, Garlic press, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Paper towel, Grater, Plate or dish
Making Kiwi Sandwiches:
Step 1: prepare the cheese spread.
Remove the packaging from the processed cheese and rub it on a fine grater into a small bowl. There we add mayonnaise, black pepper and squeeze the garlic cloves through the garlic grinder - their quantity depends on your taste. Mix these products with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency, and the cheese spread is ready!
Step 2: prepare the kiwi.
Then we wash the kiwi under cold running water, dip it with a paper kitchen towel and carefully cut a thin layer of the skin from it with a knife. After that, put the fruit on a cutting board and cut it: with rings, half rings, triangles, or as you like. The cutting style is not fundamental, the main thing is how you see your sandwiches. Leave the kiwi slices on the board and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: prepare the baguette.
Put half the baguette on a clean cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the bread across into portions. It is desirable that the thickness of each piece does not exceed one centimeter.
Step 4: form the kiwi sandwiches.
Now grease each slice of baguette with a thin layer of cheese spread and spread the sliced kiwi on them. If these are fruit rings, put one in the middle of each sandwich. If art cutting (cubes, straws, quarters of rings) - lay out the chopped fruit on each sandwich in random order. Put the finished dish on a plate and serve.
Step 5: serve the kiwi sandwiches.
Kiwi sandwiches serve room temperature for breakfast, dinner or afternoon snack. They have a delicate and rather piquant, slightly sharp taste with sourness. It is pleasant to enjoy this dish with freshly brewed tea only, but it does not need any other additions. Cook with love! Enjoy your meal!
- Very often, for softness, a hard-boiled boiled egg is added to the cheese spread. It, like cheese, is rubbed on a fine grater.
- If desired, pieces of baguette can be fried on both sides in butter until golden brown. They can also be dried in the oven (2 minutes) or cook croutons in a toaster.
- Sometimes these sandwiches are decorated with slices of lemon or orange.
- Very often, slices of ham are spread on a cheese spread and after that they put kiwi. The meat perfectly complements the dish, making it more satisfying.