Ingredients for Salad with Pear and Cheese
- Pear (Conference varieties) 1 piece
- Dor blue cheese 60-70 grams
- Arugula 100 grams
- Walnuts 30-40 grams
For the sauce
- Honey 1 tablespoon
- Butter 40 grams
- Main ingredients: Pear, Cheese, Nuts, Greens
- Serving 2 servings
Flat pan, deep pan, wooden spatula, tablespoon, kitchen knife, cutting board, disposable paper towels, colander, serving dish.
Cooking salad with pear and cheese:
Step 1: Prepare the nuts.
Chopped peeled walnuts into large pieces and heat them for several minutes in a dry skillet. It is very important to monitor the nuts during the cooking process so that nothing burns.
Step 2: Prepare the arugula.
Put the arugula in a colander, rinse it thoroughly with running water, then fix it on a weight and wait until excess moisture drains.
Step 3: Prepare the cheese.
Take a small piece of dorblu cheese and carefully cut it into very small cubes.
Step 4: Prepare the pear and prepare the dressing.
Rinse the pear, remove the twig, peel if desired, then cut into four parts to make it easier to pull out the seed core. Then cut the peeled fruit into slices of medium thickness.
Melt the butter in a deep frying pan, mixing it with honey. Put pieces of pear in the resulting caramel and fry until the pulp of the fruit becomes soft and acquires a characteristic translucent color.
You need to cook everything over low heat, but if it suddenly happens that the salad dressing starts to evaporate too much, add small amounts of water to it during the process.
Step 5: Mix the salad with pear and cheese.
When all the ingredients are ready, you need to immediately proceed to the formation and subsequent serving of the dish. To do this, on portioned plates or in a common salad bowl, put half of the whole prepared arugula, sprinkle with half the walnuts and cheese as well. And for all this beauty, lay the pieces of pears fried in honey, and then fill them with the rest of the greens, cheese and nuts. Pour the salad liberally with the dressing left in the pan and serve immediately until the dish has cooled.
Step 6: Serve the pear and cheese salad.
Salad with pear and cheese is served in a warm form, that's how it tastes best. Having tried it, you will be convinced that with such a dish you can not only have a delicious breakfast or lunch, but also feed the guests who will gather for the next celebration.
Enjoy your meal!
- Sometimes dorblu cheese is replaced with goat cheese, parmesan or camembert cheese, of course, this affects the taste of the salad, changing it a little.
- To make the salad dressing thinner, dilute it with water or water with lemon juice. Moreover, you need to dilute the dressing before you even begin to stew pears in it. And if in the process the liquid boils too much, feel free to add some water along the way.
- To make a salad, you need liquid honey. Therefore, if you only have candied, first melt it by heating in a water bath.