Mango Salsa Ingredients
- Mango (slightly immature) 1 piece
- Tomato 1 piece
- Green chili pepper 1 piece
- Red onion 1 piece (small)
- Cilantro Greens 1 bunch
- Lime 1 piece
- Ground black pepper 1 piece
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Main Ingredients: Onion, Tomato, Mango
- Portion 3-4
- World CuisineMexican Cuisine
Deep plate, knife for cleaning vegetables, cutting board, kitchen knife, teaspoon, salad spoon.
Making Mango Salsa:
Step 1: prepare the mango.
Rinse and peel the mango, scraping it off with a special knife just as if you were peeling an apple. Put the fruit on a cutting board and cut into thin plates, avoiding the stone, you just need to pull it out and discard. Place the resulting slices of mango pulp 3-5 pieces on top of each other and first cut into thin strips along and then across so that you end up with very small cubes.
Attention: To make salsa, you need to take just the unripe mango fruit so that it is not too sweet, but not entirely green, whose flesh is not soft enough and will violate the general consistency of the dish.
Step 2: prepare the tomato.
Rinse the tomato, cut into quarters, removing the tail and the seal under it. With a teaspoon or with a small knife, cut seeds and pulp from the vegetable, leaving only thick juicy walls. Cut the remainder resulting from this cutting of the vegetable into small cubes, preferably matching in size with those on which you chopped the mango pulp or a little less.
Step 3: prepare the chili peppers.
Cut the nose and tail from a small chili pepper, then cut the pod in half and use the tip of the knife to remove all seeds from it. Rinse peeled peppers with cold water, dry and cut into very small pieces.
Step 4: prepare the onion.
Remove the husks from the onion, rinse with cool water and cut into small cubes, as shown in the photo. Important: onions should not be very much, so if you did not find a vegetable of small size, use half a large or two-thirds of the average.
Step 5: prepare the cilantro.
Rinse and cut the cilantro from the stems. For cooking, we only need leaves, chop them as small as possible.
Step 6: mix the mango salsa.
Put mango pulp, tomatoes, onions, chili peppers and cilantro in a deep plate. Sprinkle with black ground pepper to taste.
In between, rinse the lime and divide it into two halves, squeeze the juice from each directly into the salad, holding a pulp and seeds with a tablespoon.
Mix the mango salsa again, try and decide whether to add salt, because everything is individual here. And finally put the salad in the refrigerator on 1-2 hoursso that it cools, and all the ingredients are saturated with each other's spices and juices.
Step 7: Serve Mango Salsa
Mango salsa is served as a complement to various dishes, it is especially good with fish and seafood, but practice shows that with barbecue, grilled meat, and crispy fried chicken, it combines almost no worse.
Enjoy your meal!
- Often on the Internet I come across simplified variations of mango salsa, where there is no tomato at all.
- You can also meet variations of this dish with the addition of fresh cucumber, avocado, a stem of celery and garlic. Surely, they are all incredibly tasty and every culinary specialist is simply trying to choose what suits him best. So try and experiment.
- To taste, you can season the mango salsa with olive oil, 2-3 tablespoons will be enough for the amount indicated in the recipe.