Ingredients for Fried Radish
- Fresh radish 250-300 grams
- Thyme fresh 1 sprig
- Dried basil 5 grams
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil as required for frying
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 2 servings
Cutting board, kitchen knife, frying pan, wooden spatula, brush.
Cooking Fried Radish:
Step 1: Prepare the radish.
Fold the fresh radish in the sink and brush it to remove adhering soil and other dirt. Cut off the remains of the tips and thin whitish roots. Cut the washed radish into large pieces, that is, divide each into two or three parts, and very small copies can be left completely.
Step 2: Fry the radishes.
Heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a pan. Dip a sprig of thyme into it and wait until the oil absorbs its aroma, then take out the grass.
Put the radishes in the hot aromatic oil, turning them with the cut down. Fry vegetables without stirring for 5 minutes. The fire should be medium so that the radish does not burn. As soon as a slice of vegetables is covered with a toasty blush, mix them with a wooden spatula. Add salt, black pepper and dried basil to the radish. Mix again and cook again. 7-10 minutes, now periodically moving the slices of vegetables with a spatula.
Fried radish noticeably loses its bright color and becomes softer.
Step 3: Serve the fried radish.
After frying, the radish road immediately lies on the table until it cools. You can cook with it various salads seasoned with sour cream, add it to sandwiches and snacks. After heat treatment, radish almost does not have its own pronounced taste, and in consistency it resembles bell pepper, in addition, it retains its nutritional properties. That is why I think fried radishes are an ideal side dish for a juicy and fatty piece of meat or a fragrant fish, and it is also good for those who for some reason can not eat this vegetable fresh. However, so that I do not say, it is better to try it yourself.
Enjoy your meal!
- For a greater flavor, you can fry a couple of coarsely chopped garlic cloves with a sprig of thyme.
- And the radish is fried with green onions, and the onions in this case must be put in the pan before the radish.
- Radishes can be fried not only in vegetable oil, but also in butter, as well as in a mixture of oils. In general, you may have noticed that this is a very unpretentious dish and everyone can add or remove some ingredient to their taste.