Ingredients for Salad with Peking Cabbage and Ham
- Peking cabbage 400 grams
- Ham 200 grams
- Bulgarian pepper 1 piece
- Canned corn 100 grams
- Mayonnaise 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Ham, Cabbage, Corn, Pepper
- Serving 2 servings
salad bowl, kitchen knife, cutting board, can opener, serving plates, tablespoon
Making a salad with Beijing cabbage and ham:
Step 1: prepare the cabbage.
Rinse Beijing cabbage thoroughly with a stream of water, removing all fine grains of sand and other dirt. Take away fresh and juicy leaves, without yellow and darkened spots. Lay them on a cutting board, cut off the pale part of the leaves, about 3-4 centimeters, and, slightly pressing with your hand, cut into thin strips. You can also make a few longitudinal incisions first, and then chop the cabbage, in which case you will get smaller pieces.
Step 2: prepare the ham.
Just cut the ham into thin strips or into small cubes as you like.
Step 3: prepare bell peppers.
Divide bell pepper into two equal parts. Cut the core out of the vegetable with a knife and take out the tail. Rinse the remaining dirt and seeds sticking to the inner walls of the vegetable. Cut bell pepper in the same way as ham, i.e. straws or cubes, depending on how you cut the meat.
Step 4: prepare canned corn.
Open a can of corn. Be sure to drain all the excess liquid, we don’t need it in the salad.
Step 5: mix the salad with Beijing cabbage and ham.
Put all the ingredients in a deep plate. The salad is not flaky, so put everything in random order. First lightly salt the salad, pepper, and then add the mayonnaise and mix everything carefully. Try, if there is enough, maybe it’s worth still adding salt or adding pepper. If the taste suits you, then you can safely start serving salad on the table. Insist it, as you can see, is not necessary.
Step 6: serve salad with Beijing cabbage and ham.
Serve a salad with Chinese cabbage and ham as a full meal. Arrange it on portioned plates, add a couple of slices of bread, croutons or French toast and start eating.
Enjoy your meal!
- And those who do not eat mayonnaise as food, can replace it with vegetable oil.
- In general, the recipe for this salad can be very easily changed and adapted to what you have in the refrigerator at the moment. For example, safely replace corn with canned peas, and you can also add green onions, radishes or tomatoes.
- When serving this or any other salad to the festive table, use special tins to give the salad a more presentable appearance.