Ingredients for Making Scones on a Brine
- Pickle (from any canned vegetables) 1 cup
- Butter 200 grams
- Sifted wheat flour 4 cups for dough and half a glass for rolling
- Food baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Main ingredients: Oil, Flour
- Serving 7 servings
- World Cuisine
Glass (capacity 200 milliliters), Teaspoon, Stewpan, Stove, Deep bowl, Kitchen towel, Metal spatula, Rolling pin, Cutting board, Fork, Frying pan, Kitchen shovel, Large flat dish
Making cakes on brine:
Step 1: prepare the butter.
We print the package with oil and cut it into cubes. Then we put them in a small stewpan and put it on a stove, turned on a small fire. Melt the butter to a liquid consistency, pour into a deep bowl and cool.
Step 2: prepare the dough.
Pour vegetable brine into a bowl with cooled oil, pour in food baking powder and add sifted wheat flour intended for dough.
With a clean hand, knead the dough, it should turn out to be smooth, soft, malleable and not very dry. Then we roll it with a sausage, transfer it to the countertop and divide it into 6 - 7 equal parts using a kitchen spatula. We roll each part into a ball and put them back into a bowl. Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and leave on 15 - 20 minutes.
Step 3: form the cakes.
In 15 - 20 minutes sprinkle the tabletop with a small layer of wheat flour. We spread one of the parts of the dough on it and roll out a rolling pin into a round layer with a thickness of 3 to 5 millimeters. We shift the tortilla onto a cutting board sprinkled with flour and form the rest in the same way.
Step 4: fry the tortillas.
Then turn on the stove on medium heat and put on it a wide frying pan. When it becomes hot, put a cake on the bottom of the pan. We pierce it in several places with a fork so that uneven humps do not appear.
Fry the cake on both sides 2 - 3 minutes. After - with the help of a kitchen spatula, transfer the finished cake to a large flat dish. In the same way, we fry the remaining cakes.
Step 5: Serve the tortillas on the brine.
Scones on brine are served immediately after cooking, in hot or warm form. They can be supplemented with any sweet, spicy or salty side dish. Also, such cakes can be served with sour cream, fresh herbs or with sauces based on tomatoes, cream, milk. Well, the ideal option is to savor them with barbecue! Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of a baking powder for dough, you can use half a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Butter can be replaced with premium cream margarine with a high degree of fat content.
- You can add such dried spices to the dough: allspice, ground coriander, cloves, cardamom, saffron and many others.
- If desired, you can add a little salt or sugar to the dough, it depends on which side dish you want to complement the tortillas.