Ingredients for Cooking Stewed Potatoes with Mushrooms
- Potato 5 pieces
- Dried chanterelles 1/2 cup
- Onion 1 piece
- Boiled water 1/2 cup
- Sunflower oil 5 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients: Potato, Onion, Mushrooms
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Frying pan with high fields and lid, wooden spatula, cutting board, kitchen knife, small bowl, gauze
Cooking stewed potatoes with mushrooms:
Step 1: Prepare the potatoes.We select the potatoes for our dish and wash it with a metal brush. Then pick out the eyes and peel the skin. We chop the peeled potatoes. Cut it in the way you are accustomed to, I will crumble it with straws.
We leave sliced potatoes in a bowl with cold water and proceed to the next cooking step.
Step 2: Prepare Dried Mushrooms.
Step 3: Prepare the onion.Wet the onion in water, so that later it is easier to peel off, cut the onion in half and peel. Cut off the ends on both sides. Cut the onion in the usual way, again, for you.
Step 4: Cook the stewed potatoes with mushrooms.Put the onion in a clean pan and add vegetable oil. Fry until golden.
Pour the soaked mushrooms to the fried onions. Fry a little, about 15 minutes, and pour the mushroom broth. With the help of this little trick, the finished dish is more aromatic, and the potato is saturated with mushroom flavor. Reduce the fire to a minimum.
Immediately, not allowing the broth to evaporate, pour the potatoes, after draining the water into the sink. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes become soft and can be pierced with a fork. The liquid must be completely absorbed.
Open the lid, slightly increase the heat and mix. Cook until the potato is covered with a characteristic crust.
Step 5: Serve the stewed potatoes with mushrooms.Arrange the finished dish on plates, decorate with greens and serve until it has time to cool.
Enjoy your meal!
- In some recipes, instead of vegetable oil, it is recommended to use cow, this will give the dish a creamy taste.
- In the mushroom broth, decantation, add crushed garlic to make the dish more spicy.
- For fragrance, add allspice and bay leaf.
- The potato must be stirred very carefully, otherwise the risk is high that it will fall apart during cooking.
- You can also cook potatoes and mushrooms separately, combining them only when serving.