Stuffed Squid Ingredients
- The squid carcass peeled frozen large size 3-4 pieces
- Fresh champignons 200-300 grams
- Butter 50 grams
- 2-3 eggs
- Large onion 1 piece
- Green onion (feather) 30 grams
- Semi-hard cheese 100 grams
- Sour cream 200 milliliters
- Mayonnaise 200 milliliters
- Wheat flour 1 tablespoon
- Fresh parsley to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Squids, Onions, Eggs, Mushrooms
- Serving 10 Servings
Medium bowl, tablespoon, cutting board, kitchen knife, colander, plate - 4 pieces, small pan, stove, frying pan, wooden spatula, coarse grater, saucer - 2 pieces, toothpicks, small bowl - 2 pieces, kitchen potholders, deep baking tray, oven, serving dish, cling film, hand whisk
Cooking Stuffed Squid:
Step 1: prepare the squid carcasses.
We lay out the frozen squid carcasses in a medium bowl and leave it aside for a while so that they reach room temperature.
Then, thoroughly rinse the component from all sides under running water and put it in a colander so that excess liquid comes out of it. Attention: if the seafood is not cleaned from the top film, then pry it at the edge with a knife and remove it with clean hands.
Step 2: prepare the champignons.
Thoroughly rinse the mushrooms under running water and put on a cutting board. Using a knife, if necessary, remove coarsened places on the caps and legs of the mushrooms. Now finely chop the component into pieces and pour into a clean plate.
Step 3: prepare the onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and rinse thoroughly under running water. Then put the component on a cutting board and grind it into cubes. Pour finely chopped onion into a free plate.
Step 4: prepare the eggs.
We lay the eggs in a small saucepan and fill with ordinary cold water from the tap. We put the container on medium heat and wait for the liquid to boil. Immediately after that we detect 10 minutes and after this time, turn off the burner. We should get hard-boiled eggs. Using kitchen potholders, we put a pot with the contents in the sink under a stream of cold water. When the component cools down and becomes room temperature, clean it from the shell with clean hands and put it on a cutting board.
Now, using a coarse grater, grind the eggs on a flat surface and then pour them into a clean plate.
Step 5: prepare the semi-hard cheese.
Using a coarse grater, grind the cheese on a cutting board. Then we pour the component into a clean plate and wrap it with cling film so that the cheese chips do not become dry while we are preparing the remaining components of the dish.
Step 6: prepare the green onions.
We wash the green onions under running water, shake off excess liquid and put on a cutting board. Using a knife, finely chop the greens and pour it into a free saucer.
Step 7: prepare the parsley.
We rinse the parsley under running water, shake it off excess fluid and put it on a cutting board. Grind the greens with a knife and immediately transfer it to a clean saucer.
Step 8: prepare the dressing for the dish.
Pour sour cream, mayonnaise into a small bowl, and pour flour and salt and black pepper to taste. Using a hand whisk, beat all the ingredients until a homogeneous mass is formed. Everything is ready, so you can start cooking the main dish!
Step 9: Cook Stuffed Squids.
Put butter in a pan and put on medium heat. When the contents of the container melt, pour the chopped onion here. We pass the component to a soft golden hue, stirring occasionally with a wooden spatula.
Immediately after this, add the crushed champignons to the pan. Having mixed everything again with improvised inventory, we continue to fry the ingredients. When all the juice comes out of the mushrooms and they turn golden brown, turn off the burner, and set the container aside. Let the fry cool down a bit.
Now pour it into a clean small bowl and add chopped eggs, cheese, finely chopped parsley with green onions, as well as salt and ground black pepper to taste. Attention: We add the last ingredients with extreme care so as not to spoil the dish, because earlier we had pepper and salted dressing for squid. Using a tablespoon, mix everything thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is formed.
We stuff the squids with this filling and close the holes, fixing them with toothpicks.
We spread the dish in a deep baking sheet and fill it with dressing. Now turn on the oven and heat it to a temperature 180 ° C. Immediately after that we put on a medium level a container with stuffed squid and bake for 30-40 minutes. After the allotted time, the seafood is browned and absorbs a mixture of mayonnaise and sour cream. As soon as this happens, turn off the oven, and take out the baking sheet with the help of kitchen gloves and set aside. That's it, the squids are ready, so you can serve a dining table!
Step 10: serve the stuffed squid.
When the stuffed squids are slightly cooled, put them on a special flat dish and, if desired, cut across into portioned slices. We serve our work of art to the dining table as the main food. You can also decorate the dish with herbs and treat friends and family as a snack for the holidays.
- to prepare the filling, you can use any other mushrooms to your taste instead of champignons. Those who do not like the combination of eggs and seafood can replace the first ingredient with boiled rice;
- if you have unclean squids, do not be discouraged, as they can be easily processed by the movement of your magic pens. To do this, first defrost seafood at room temperature (note: in no case do this with a jet of hot water or a microwave, otherwise the squid will become hard and tasteless). Then fill them with boiling water and leave for exactly 1 minute. Immediately after this, we drain the hot water, and instead we fill the tank with cold. When the component cools down, put it on a cutting board and clean it with a knife from the upper skin (after boiling water it will be easily removed), as well as remove the chord and insides. That's all, you can start cooking the main dish;
- frozen squids must be fresh. To check this, just look at their appearance, but it is better to pick it up. So, peeled seafood should have a beautiful light pink hue and be covered with a thin layer of hoarfrost. Important: squids should in no case be covered with pieces of ice that previously melted. If you take the carcass in your hands, then it should be easily separated from another.